Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

celebrating life, likes, differences and handi-capables

In the beginning as life is being created with in you. You pray to God to be blessed, for Healthy babies, n healthy pregnancy for yourself. You pray for guidance, the power to be a good parent and the strength to recongnize mistakes, and challenges.

We were Created in the likeness of Christ. Some of us choose to live by walking in his foot steps, some try, n some dont. To each our own. One thing we all seem to share is that God is real, Im different then some, because I KNOW hes the real deal, n were it not for him I would not be here, let alone blessed like My family And I have been.

Life is gumbled up in crazy times, we make mistakes, we learn from them. We fall down from high up, but stand again to climb. We run fast, n slow down for the memories. We Talk loud most of the time, then whisper when its needed, because not all our laundry is meant to be air dried :)We will always remember where we came from as a child, n do our best to be different.

And Different is what We Got. 3 amazing little kids, all 3 of whom have the crazy personalities of matt n I combined...you did it mom you told me I'd have little girls like me n I did, n I like it, no I love it. Life as a stay at home is anything but BORING with these little girls.

The Lord knew who I was, n what I wanted to be. The goal n the path I saw for our family. He has allowed me to grow more in the last year and half then I have my entire life. I made some changes, n some changes I regressed...only now to wake up and start over on that change because its not the person Im supposed to be, n thats not the best version of myself. So Im on a path to find it again. Lord knew that if he was to send my an amazing little girl with easr that are perfect in her own world, n less then perfect in the eyes of strangers that I WOULD BE THE BEST MOM i possibly could be for her, and for her siblings as well. Sophie deserves that. Sophie will forever be deaf, but its not a disability. Its not sad, its not heart breaking, its not something to pity...she doesnt know any different, so why should we make her FEEL different? We shouldnt.
Strangers who notice, strangers who stare or point it out, are naive to the wonder and the beauty of it, in Sophies case and cases of other people who have the JOY of being handi-capable. I never want my daughter to feel any less of a person because she cant hear on her own. I dont want her to feel like its a disadvantage, because there sure are times I wish I had the ability to turn my ears off!!
Its something to celebrate, its someting to like, its something different, and shes more then capable of being successful in life, in school, in career, in love, in family...because her "support system" her family, her friends, her surroundings, WILL NEVER look down on her, or allow others to belittle her. I wont let any of my beautiful amazing joyful children feel different.

True perfection is over rated anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment