Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The D

So its been almost 2 weeks since we truly knew what we already felt with Sophia and hear hearing issue.

You can always prepare yourself for the worst, or try to at least, but when it comes right down to it, you will always have that moment when your heart hurts and you slink down into your seat.

Everytime I now pass the "deaf Children in area" sign we had our neighborhood put up, I let out a big sigh. I wont pretend that I dont tear up at times, or think about the worst possiblities behind the causes of her hearing loss. Because I do.
But then I look at our beautiful little girl, our monster, our smart and independent Phi and im thankful, and I smile, and I remember that ALL is going to be ok. Long road ahead, but so much to look forward to. to hearing her say "mom" "dad" and then " I love you"...that is exciting...and makes everything we will be going thru become just another notch on our family belt of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment