Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

And Without Words

With each and everyday, I see a Change. As my little girl blossoms right before my very eyes. She Laughs, and she plays. She cries and she begs. She speaks to me without any Words. A language only a mother can "FEEL". I've come to know her looks, her grunts. I've come to understand how to live in Silence, although Sophie is anything but!
She Makes us laugh so hard, Not at her, not at her sometimes miscommunication but at her mere hilarious actions. She will play PRETEND, she will purposely walk and run in SLOW-MO! Literally, then get really fast and silly. KNowing exactly what she is doing. She loves her sister and her brother. Will run to comfort them when they cry (as long as they werent crying at her hand). She the poster-girl of a very imaginative 2 year old girl. Expressive in everyway although without Words.
Sophie has given me a new look at life, and wonder. I would not change this experience for anything in the World. We spend our days in a land of joy and wonder. I swear she will wind up in some kind of acting or production career. Shes too funny and theatrical not too. We have finally started to find a path of ease and direction really. We find the strength each day in God and in each other to make it through, and Without Words, we still survive!



"Deafness has left me acutely aware of both the duplicity that language is capable of and the many expressions the body cannot hide.” Terry Galloway

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment