Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~Native American Saying

This saying kind of speaks about the subject of "speaking it into your future" giving thanks to The Lord for what you are ABOUT to receive. Being thankful for the future you have, and your family has.
Though it is hard, especially for me to instead think and say "Lord Im thankful you have allowed us to reach our goals" instead of saying " I hope that we reach our goals" It should be something I work on doing.
I have been doing soul searching these last few weeks. I do believe I have changed a great deal, but its something I want to continue doing, In a good healthy way. And taking this step, might....WILL....be a big step!




Have you said thank you today? Have you thought about what you are thankful for today? In this very moment as I ask the question...what is it about today, and only today that you can gives thanks for?

Quickly I can response that Im thankful Sophie woke up this morning with her fever broken. No tears as she woke up which Thank the Lord should mean shes not achy like the last 2 days. I can quickly respond that Im thankful this morning for joyful playing spirits. Emily and Ryan have spent the last 2 hours playing by themselves, with out fighting too much, NO yelling for MOM, and I WANT THIS, and No GIVE ME THAT. Im thankful I had a few peaceful moments to dwell on the Meaning of thanksgiving this morning.

Im not always the one to so quickly say Thank you, Not even to my husband or my kids. I lack in the speaking of it. And Probably in the body language of it as well. So As I think about thankfulness I am also thinking about how I can change my projection of gratitude.
I give thanks to the Lord, I say thank you when My mind is not wondering, I do mean it when I say it. But Im lady enough to admit, I lack in perpetual thankfulness.
To which, the Holiday of Feasting and gratitude is fast approaching. My most favorite of times. The smells, tastes and weather. The Celebration and gatherings. And I, should show it all so much more then I Do.

For my Blessings and my family. For love and affection, life and Health, support and solitude. Dreams and Working hard. I all give thanks. For Friends who keep me sane, let me complain and vent. For Technology that keeps me close when miles away. I all give Thanks.

But As I shared on Facebook this morning... Saying it just doesnt cut it, now does it. Its a demeanor, its a walk, its a way of life. And its something I must learn to put out there.

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~W.T. Purkiser

So Happy Friday Friends. Enjoy your weekend. Enjoying your time with those you love. Be Thankful for that time and Show it every second you can!

God Bless
~B

No comments:

Post a Comment