Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

with this I stand

With all Ive ever seen.
With all Ive ever heard.
With all Ive ever known.
TO be true, or false.
With all Ive ever given.
With all Ive long to have.
With all Ive gained in Time.
Good and bad.


Affirmation: I Act with Bold Courage -
Taking inspiration from the powerful vision of my future,
I boldly set sail with courage and intent.
I hold my course with focused attention and relentless commitment,
as I weather the storms of life.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie



I have never given myself the opportunity to be strong. To be Courageous.
To be forth right and honest. Not nearly as Honest as I have been these last few months. With myself, and those around me.
And with such honesty, comes pain. Truth hurts, no matter who it is doing the speaking. Or to whom it is for.
This I know to be true. That Life, is full of complications, and it seems for me...ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER.
Shamefully I have put myself in some wicked places. Didnt listen when I should have, backed down often, been stepped on and misused. Misused others who were close to me. Treated Friends like dirt, and felt it back. Been forgetten about, but I was the one leaving them behind.
Been pushed around and beaten on.



But as I sit here today, after enduring yet another blasted trial. Ive been drawn to the word courage. Been thinking about courage. realized how Ive been changing and what Else needs to change. The choices I make from this moment on, will with out a doubt set the rest of my families lives. The choices I make now, for the moment may be right! And later....Only God knows. But Im ready to step out of the shadows. With Courage.


Some works Ive read that I have been lifted by!


CALM IN CHAOS
In the midst of the flurry - clarity.
In the midst of the storm - calm.
In the midst of divided interests - certainty.
In the many roads - a certain choice.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.
There can be no courage unless you're scared.
- Eddie Rickenbacker

With courage you will dare to take risks,
have the strength to be compassionate,
and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity.
- Keshavan Nair

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain.
- Vivian Greene

Courage is not always about action,
and it doesn't always involve danger,
but courage is always doing what is right.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Loving is the most unmitigated and courageous act I perform in a day.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual,
you have an obligation to be one.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm not afraid of storms for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
- Louisa May Alcott

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.
- Marie Curie

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
- Helen Keller

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.
– Joseph Campbell

It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
- Chinese proverb often quoted by Eleanor Roosevelt

If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Walt Disney

He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak.
Strong convictions precede great actions.
- Louisa May Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment