Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School house Rocks

I Took His Hand and Followed
Mrs. Roy L. Peifer

My dishes went unwashed today,
I didn't make the bed,
I took his hand and followed
Where his eager footsteps led.

Oh yes, we went adventuring,
My little son and I...
Exploring all the great outdoors
Beneath the summer sky

We waded in a crystal stream,
We wandered through a wood...
My kitchen wasn't swept today
But life was gay and good.

We found a cool, sun-dappled glade
And now my small son knows
How Mother Bunny hides her nest,
Where jack-in-the-pulpit grows.
We watched a robin feed her young,

We climbed a sunlit hill...
Saw cloud-sheep scamper through the sky,
We plucked a daffodil.


That my house was neglected,
That I didn't brush the stairs,
In twenty years, no one on earth
Will know, or even care.



But that I've helped my little boy
To noble manhood grow,
In twenty years, the whole wide world
May look and see and know.





So in thinking about School today. How preschool is expensive and How to prep and get Emily ready for kindergarten, I stumbled onto a thought process. Homeschooling. I have no intentions on sending Em to School this year, so to be ready for being 5, Im going to gather activities and musical songs to learn. Sophie and Emily will then learn and Hopefully Sophie will catch up and then be ahead when she starts school, and Emily hopefully will be beyond where she needs to be. She knows her preschool things already. While the socializing aspect is key...for now Playdates will have to do.

So Ill spend this year, gatherings, plotting, teaching, singing and making our little school house Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment